What's NOT included that you'd find on a Nexus One:
* Launcher2 (too clunky for these devices)
* Stock Live Wallpapers (LWP support is there, but may not work with all LWP apps and/or performance may be bad)
* Facebook (install from the Market, contact sync works perfect, at least on Sapphire)
* Google Voice (install from Market, push notify works perfect)
* Gallery3D (too much of a memory hog)
* Everything that goes with Eclair
* 3D, video, camera, camcorder, BT, WiFi, etc are all of course working
* Can be used with or without Google applications
* Kernel 18.104.22.168 with Pershoot's clock mods (no OC by default), tethering support, Compcache, VPN/tun, and other modules (cifs, nfs, aufs, fuse)
* New Apps2SD method implemented mostly by Chris Soyars.
* Built in USB tether
* Graphical enhancements, #boobs, and excellent wallpapers by Prash and SatanR1
* Includes BusyBox, htop, nano, powertop, openvpn, bash, irssi, and all engineering commandline utilities
* FLAC audio support from Kenny Root
* Phone enhancements from Cytown
* Contacts enhancements from Wysie
* MMS enhancements from, well, everyone (see changelog)
* Perform zipalign-on-install of applications
* DeskClock tweaks- longer autosilence and "require unlock" option
* Massive APN list
* All available locales are included thanks to PsychoI3oy
* 360-degree auto-orientation by Optedoblivion and Elanthis (enable in settings)
* OpenVPN integration thanks to James Bottomley
* Music app can respond to long-press on the volume buttons (from Metalhead)
* Many other bugfixes and tweaks from AOSP contributors
* Tons of work on the build system by Koush and Chris Soyars
* Big thanks to Zinx for debugging some really difficult issues! He really deserves most of the credit for getting this thing working so well.
* See the full CHANGELOG for all credits and details
All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! Send pull requests with your changes!
- First time flashing CM-5?
1. Root your device and install Clockwork Recovery (ROM Manager on the market) or Amon_RA's recovery (Dream / Magic)
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. Install the DangerSPL if you don't already have it
4. WIPE (I cannot guarantee an upgrade from CM-4.2 to CM-5 will work)
5. Install the ROM
6. Optionally install the Google Addon if you want Google Applications like Gmail and Market
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up and restored automatically)
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!
Latest version: 5.0.7-DS - 05/25/2010
Google Addon: ERE36B
32A/EBI1 Port File:
(Roger's Dreams and 32A Magics Only)
A few known issues;
* Facebook from market breaks sync for Market users (see forum for alternative apk) - only on Dream, Sapphire is OK. Blame Facebook.
* End-Button-behavior in Spare Parts only works on 'Sleep' mode
* Camera apps may leak memory